Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Entered Dawson Creek, British Columbia and the Alaskan Highway and then the Yukon Territory

Driving into Dawson Creek, BC

Mile 0 of the Alaskan Highway (AlCan). The start of over 1400 miles of the scenic route to Alaska.

A banner moment for me. Almost 4500 miles and 13 days from Cape Canaveral, Florida.



An interesting read if you can zoom in.

Stickers from everyone.

I added mine!

 



A morning view from my upper berth.


My first two course meal.



Camping in the Yukon.

My entertainment for the evening - watching a few episodes of Taxi. thanks Cary.

The Yukon!

Some gas stations give a bag of popcorn with a fillup.



The flies are ferocious. 

A Yukon sunrise.

The Dempster Highway goes to the Arctic and Northern Territory.

No paved roads.








The road is so bad that there are occasional pilot vehicles to guide you. 





Belle at the Arctic Circle.



A few new friends I met along the way.




I have now been to both the Antarctic and Arctic circles.






No comments:

Post a Comment