Saturday, March 11, 2017

My room and other pictures

After a few weeks I am finally at 100% with regards to the elevation and the McMurdo crud I picked up before arriving here. I have settled into a routine of 7 days a week working the satellite schedules.

My humidifier since it is so dry here.

A fine flag.

There is no television here so entertainment is with DVDs and portable hard drives.

I spend my off hours in the office working on my new around the world bicycling book. My daughter and I published our first one from here in 2013. This office monitor is large enough to have my book on one side of the screen and journal on the other.

I use my laptop on the left to play podcasts of my favorite talk radio show from Orlando.

My finger ends are already splitting. Super glue helps the end heal.

Not even this works. At night I lotion my hands and wear gloves.

Interesting South Pole science.

Polemart stocks my go-to beer at $6 per six pack being guarded by my Asian good luck cat. The window area keeps the beer cold.

A few pictures of my room.

A lot more comfortable than Amundsen's and Scott's accommodations a little over 100 years ago.

The bed is a bit tight.




Snow blowing from last week out my window. We are down to around -65F with a windchill of -112F.

Hence all these clothes.




A collection of previous South Pole markers.
A better picture of me at the geographic South Pole from Winter 2013. Today this marker is about 200 feet to the left.

Our first book published at the South Pole Winter 2013


                                                      The last plane out.

2 comments:

  1. Your room is small, tidy, and I spy some photos of the family! I am happy for you that you are feeling better. I am still not quite 100%
    Happy birthday and greet the Asian cat for me. I wondered where it went! Love always, andee

    ReplyDelete