Tuesday, December 21, 2021

A Hike and Bike

 


One of my favorite activities while hiking is to prospect for obsidian. It is quite beautiful. My collection is growing.

I'm back in the saddle with a loaner mountain bicycle!

To get to my favorite swimming beach is a 2 1/2 hour walk but with the bike, it's only 40 minutes.

The water is crystal clear.

Black triggerfish are abundant on the reef.


My new ride! I can borrow it from the gym 10 days in a row. If no one else requests it I check it out for another 10.

It feels great to be back riding on the road. The hills are many and steep. No boring flat roads here!

Interesting.

These chains were used by the Royal Marines in the 1800s for discipline. When a marine was out of order he was required to swing this chain over his head. I wonder for how long.

Hiked to the summit again.

Another hidden trail.

A view of the island administrator's home.

There is an overgrown trail to the right of the sign.

The largest land crab yet.

Monkey Rock Cemetary on Green Mountain.




From the mid-1800s.



What a cool place to live!

2 comments:

  1. Mike, it looks like life is being good to you and even better with the bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really appreciate the positivity of this post and the smile on your face close to the water. Obviously, you are finding so many places to explore and it is kind of you to share these pictures. Thanks for taking the cemetery ones as I do know what it feels like to explore those old headstones. Lots of little babies probably had digestive issues, and problems with any kind of bacteria that they couldn't fight with their young immune systems. Wonder if anyone knows what happened to them? Check out the library and see if they have journals....some people write about common things that fascinate me, and maybe others. Keep riding! Take care, andee

    ReplyDelete