Monday, November 15, 2021

Comfortless Cove Part 1

 

The locals are very friendly.




Today I'm headed to Comfortless Cove.

Ascension Island is a moonscape of volcanic rock.


Ascension Radar.

Another beach and more swim warnings.


Comfortless Cove wherein the old sailing days ships would exile passengers and crew with fever. Basically left to die. 

Cross Hill that I hiked and Georgetown.


From Comfortless Cove I hiked across the lava flows to Georgetown.

It was a very treacherous hike over many lava gullies.


I made it to Long Beach Georgertown.

My new favorite spot, about 10 minutes from my room. I'll sit here and watch the ocean or read from my Kindle while enjoying a few brews.

The best seat in the house!

A cliffside trail I walk after a beach run.

A great spot for watching sunsets.




Another end to a South Atlantic Island day.

2 comments:

  1. Your mama would enjoy the sunsets and thank you for sharing your special happy place. Of course, your kids would share a brew with you too! I would not enjoy the fierce climbing on rough terrain and not being able to swim at those nice beaches! You have the choices that most of us would welcome after work. I bet you don't miss the chores! Take care and be safe! andee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The volcanic rock fields seem like they are from another world! I am glad that you found your happy place to watch sunsets. The sunsets remind me of star wars. Just needs another sun!

    ReplyDelete