Sunday, November 8, 2020

Penguins and Sastrugi

I never grow tired of penguins. This pair walked right up to me!
I guess they got bored and walked away.
Until they saw one of my ski poles and gloves.
A selfie with my new friends.
They then decided to take a break as I left.
I call this the "playground" iceberg. It looks like it would be fun to explore inside and out.
My dorm room view. The sun sets after 9:30 pm now.
Palmer Station directly to the right of my head.
Digging out the glacier radio sled by myself. It took a few hours.
Sastrugi is windblown ice art found in the polar regions. I call this the spaceship sastrugi.
Name that animal track. It's a penguin scooting on its belly. The penguin's wings (flippers) make the marks on the outside of the belly track.

A nacreous cloud marking an ozone hole in the earth's upper atmosphere.
A slowly crumbling glacier. Global warming.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe all the amazing elements of your work! Your photos and descriptions are very clarifying!

    ReplyDelete