Saturday, September 7, 2019

Skiing and Snow Machine Riding



More beautiful sunsets.



Skiing in Antarctic on several inches of fresh ungroomed powder. Sweet!

Making tracks.


A rest stop.
As I add these pix on Sunday September 1 my family and home in Cape Canaveral, Florida is in the track of the most powerful storm on the planet this year. Winds of 180mph and storm surge of 20 feet plus. My house is only 600 feet from the beach.

A Friday morning commute to the glacier radio sled.
A five minute drive instead of a  35 minute snowshoe hike.



The radio sled is about 1.5 miles from the station on top of the Marr Glacier.
The glacier radio sled need some snow shoveling.


A storm last night blew is a few feet of snow.




Post holing with the largest snow shoes makes for a difficult hike.


I help out Chef Lisa almost daily by working at the pot sink while she cooks. I washed all this during one session and now sending through the Hobart Sanitizer.





1 comment:

  1. You are a valuable resource as a kitchen assistant. I need you, too! The snow looks very icy and I might think that is good! I have never lived in that kind of cold weather and I doubt that I would be out hiking like you. I hope you find your days longer and you are able to complete your work goals. Take care and love always, andee

    ReplyDelete