Sunday, May 26, 2019

Winter has Started

I have been uploading my Palmer Station videos to YouTube. On the settings (the small gear on the bottom right side of the viewing screen on YouTube) select HD for the best quality.

https://youtu.be/tcX0or5jFjY
https://youtu.be/KiFVNZieovA

Another day at the office working on the radio repeater. Due to heavy snowfall I'm wearing snowshoes. If not I would be postholing to my waist.

The Lawrence M. Gould arriving for the final time this season after completing a three week science cruise.


Standing by at my bow line station.

View from my office. Last week the Gould returned to Punta Arenas, Chile with the rest of the summer crew. There are now 20 souls left at Palmer Station. Winter has begun. The Gould will return in October.

After two weeks a sunny day.

Sunrise bathing the continent mountains.


Mt. William.



Lots of fur seals.



A fine sunny day.



While at McMurdo Station, south of New Zealand, winter 2012 I joined the Ross Island Yacht Club of Antarctica. At that time I bought a few burgees. I donated one to the Port Canaveral Yacht Club and now to Palmer Station bar.

RIYCA burgee on the left.

Palmer Station bar.

Another hike another beautiful sunrise reflecting off the continent.

This year I organized Palmer Station Ride of Silence. 

Great participation!


No comments:

Post a Comment