Monday, September 18, 2017

An Illness and almost Sunrise

For some strange reason I came down with pneumonia and spent time in Club Med - the South Pole medical center being infused with antibiotics. 

I like old stuff and in the medical center there is a display of old medical stuff.

I'm glad this wasn't used.







Within a few days I was back at work thanks to the medical staff supporting me in my office.

With excellent care from medical I was soon back to normal.

Jocelyn prepared her dog Yaki for Hurricane Irma.  It was quite the scary storm for my family since we are only 600 feet from the Atlantic Ocean in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Thanks to them and their help removing debris blocking the neighborhood street drains during the height of the storm there was minimal damage. 

During the end of the winter a Scott tent was pitched at the geographic South Pole. Photo credit to Martin Wolf. 

The Scott tent seen here was named after Robert Scott at the South Pole in 1912. Scott is to the right. 

Almost sunrise taken from my room a few days ago. All window coverings were removed two weeks ago.

A view of the Scott tent and geographic South Pole as seen from my room.

A refractive sunrise September 19th. The sunrise will be Thursday September 21st at 0453.

A reflection as seen from the second floor observation deck.

Our winterover picture. I am the 4th person up from the SOUTH sign.

Without the names.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Lots of people are asking about you and this update is a wonderful way to share your recovery. I want to personally share a big hug with your medical team and let them know that they are always welcome in our home. Hopefully, after this stormy season we will be able to still enjoy the beach! Cary has been enjoying the surf and Jocelyn has had extra duties as a result of the port closures and schedules changing! We miss you and are looking forward to seeing your smiling face soon. Take care and keep getting better! Love always, andee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you Andee, Cary, and Jocelyn for all your support from the other side of the world. I love you. See you in about 7 weeks!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear and see you are doing better...what a scare for Andee, Cary and Jocelyn...btw your family were a big help during and after the storm..
    They are the heart ❤️ in the meaning of community...stay on the road to wellness and we will see you in 7 weeks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janice and Charlie. I was really proud of them during Irma and very happy there was minimal damage in the neighborhood. It was hard to weather the storm from here. See you soon. Mike

      Delete